Monday, November 26, 2007

Abnormal service is being resumed...

Hail,
Thanks to everyone for the well wishes. Vast amounts have gone on. As a precis -

Sarah has had steroid plus anaesthetic injections. They have had an almost miraculous effect. She is now sleeping through the night and is much more mobile mobile again. We are both deliriously happy with this.

She is being shuttled from neurologist to neurosurgeon and back. My own suspicion is that this is a neurosurgical "problem" but not one that is amenable to surgery, if you follow me. The good news is that if it gets worse, we know what to do. The bad is until it does, we don't. Currently it is about the same as last time I wrote.

And a lot of other stuff has happened. Our loathed Prime Minister has been swept away, and in a personal rejection unparalleled since the thirties, looks to have lost his seat in Parliament - i.e.: be personally unemployed. I have given up and decided that emergency medicine isn't something I can do any more, for a variety of reasons, and am considering my options. I have an interview today, my suit is in my car.

And things are so much better now than a month ago that it's hard to explain.

Back soon with writing,
John

3 Comments:

Blogger Camilla said...

Oh hurrah! I'm really glad to hear things are going better :D

10:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad that Sarah's health is at least treatable with regard to the pain. Good luck with the job interviews. Remember, the U.S.'s NIH is probably hiring . . .

5:28 AM  
Blogger Ladyk73 said...

Sounds like a lot of stress and changes. I hope things look brighter for you and Sarah. I do miss your writings

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home