Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Home visits

Hail,
Very brief note here. I haven't been posting. This is because two close friends of mine have suddenly become very unwell. One is bipolar and deeply depressed, and we are trying to keep her out of hospital. This therapy consists of frequent visits where we watch "House" together and convince her to take the medications. The other is in the Royal with cancer in his bones, and nobody is telling him anything.

Hopefully this will all stabilise soon.

Thanks for listening,
John

4 Comments:

Blogger Chade said...

Jumpin Jesus on a pogo stick! You, me, and bottle on friday if you want it.

4:58 PM  
Blogger Foilwoman said...

I don't know bipolar, but I do know depressed. Psychotropic medications are our friends. For your other friend, does Australia have good pain med/palliative care laws? Here in the U.S. the nice heroin/narcotics that let you retain some mental acuity while being free of pain is not really prescribable. I hope it's different in Oz.

3:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear that, BJ :( I am thinking of you, and of course, thinking of your friends as well.

6:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What Chad said - booze cures all ills. Or so I'm told.

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home