Sunday, January 22, 2006

Pico

Not really that much of an entry today...

I should point out that this blog's brave new look (links that link and so on) is courtesy of Chade, who has apparently taught himself HTML or something similarly impressive. I can't even speak punch-card. I haven't got him to put all the links on yet - more soon.

Unfortunately I've been a bit tepid with the blogging. I think each person has only a finite amount of creative energy, only a certain amount of creative stuff to go around. I've just started my six months off from the ED (I tired, I go home now) and part of the Great Scheme of Things was to spend more time on the writing, particularly my attempt at a novel - so now I have to do it.

Minimum a thousand words a week. Sigh.

Anyway, I will post on this as much as humanly possible.

Tomorrow I will try to find a link to this movie I have found that may well redefine the professional-wrestler-who-becomes-an-octopus genre.

Thanks,
John

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with your writing! I hope it goes well, and that you keep us posted in here.

Oooo and a message for Sarah: please can you tell her that I was unpacking some boxes (we've moved into the new house now) and I found the whale mug she gave me for my birthday in Year 8, and seeing it again made me grin hugely and feel very happy and at home. I made some tea to put in it right away (no M&Ms involved, sadly), and drank it with relish :D

*jaruupk* - the noise your stomach makes on contemplating drinking tea with relish? (what kind of relish anyway? Pickles?)

5:38 AM  
Blogger Champurrado said...

1,000 words a week, no problem. I can think of seven or eight if you need a few. Look forward to picking something up at my local book store with your blurb on the cover.

Best of luck.

7:11 AM  
Blogger Chade said...

And lo, the two people I missed appear as though by design. Be warned, more redesign to come... As soon as BJ tells me what he wants.
Sorry for missing you out on the initial redesign Cammila and Champurrado. My mistake. I did it work, and sometimes things just get in the way. But now the err is eliminated. Hurrah!

1000 words a week is amazingly easy. Getting them to form sentences, plots, characters, otherwise story oriented effects... that's hard.
Best of luck BJ.

6:44 PM  
Blogger Foilwoman said...

Chad: Hmmph. I liked being the only link. It made me feel special. Of course, I could try getting a life. Oh, I have way too much life. That's why I blog. Anyway, good new set up.

BJ: Good luck with the writing. I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for the book. Not that I know who you are or anything (despite the cute picture of you and the cuddliest intern that the pope sent).

3:14 AM  
Blogger Prom said...

Best best best of luck with the writing (but then what does luck really have to do with it).

Don't abandon us though please. We make a good test audience.

7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home