Sunday, August 07, 2005

The wonder drug

Hail,
Very brief missive here, a few minutes before I dash off to Florey for the evening shift. It's been cold the last few days, it's raining now, and I reckon teh meds need adjusting.

Well, I hope they do, because I adjusted them myself this morning. We shall see.

I am not entirely sure what's brought this on, if indeed the moods respond to anything internal. I've been trying to work out what to do next year, and whereas in normal people choice is something usually pleasant, I tend to get a bit paralysed by it. That's why I normally like Emergency medicine - when someone's heart-rate drops to thirty, your choices are ultimately pretty simple. Anyway, I've been ringing around the various hospitals and disciplines asking them if they want someone, and generally being agreeable and pleasant, I think at the end of it all I'd promised to work next year in psychiatry, emergency, anaesthetics and paediatrics at four different hospitals scattered throughout the metropolitan area.

Anyway, next year will be psychiatry at Shipton.

I have almost certainly revealed my "contagion" theorey of mental illness beforehand, but if not, here it is. An insight of Pasteur-like proportions:

All mental illness is spread by tiny infectious particles, called crazons.

I developed this theory after my first psychiatry term, when I noticed the depressed people made me depressed, the manic made me feel damn good, the anxious made me anxious and so on. I got so I hid from the avoidant personality types and wanted to smack out the antisocials.

It couldn't last. I eventually realised the paranoiacs were plotting against me, and I had to go to my boss and tell him if I spent any more time with the people with borderline personality disorder I'd kill myself and they'd all be sorry.

Anyway. We shall see. Next post may be about the aliens among us.

John

By the way, we were having a "You reckon that's stupid?" discussion the other day and I reckon I won, with my shamefaced confession that until about three years ago, I believed Tim Curry and Tim Rice were the same, remarkably talented person.

6 Comments:

Blogger Foilwoman said...

Who's Tim Rice? Who's Tim Curry?

5:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When the Blog Bug Bytes
THOSE of you wondering where I've gone to for the past few weeks, let me assure you that I've taken time off to research a new life form whose population has suddenly erupted over the last few years.
Great blog site!! Bookmarked it.

I have a Hunter Ceiling Fan Remote site/blog. It pretty much covers Hunter Ceiling Fan Remote related stuff.

Come see mine if you get time.

6:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, I do believe I made the same mistake *insert furious blushing here*.

Here's a website that made me think of you (woolloowoolloowoolloo): http://www.kthulhukitsch.com/

12:04 AM  
Blogger Bronze John said...

I think one of them played the guy in Rocky Horror Picture Show and the other one wrote Cats. SO that idea that it was one ferociously talented thespian made sense.

I wonder if there's a Tim Poppadum?

12:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps. But if not, you could always substitute a Quentin Crisp.

10:10 PM  
Blogger Benedict 16th said...

Sheeeeeee-it The anonymous Ceiling fan man*
was probably right on the money

from an ADHD wed site
==============
If you hook a dog leash over a ceiling fan, the
motor is not strong enough to rotate a 42 pound Boy wearing Batman underwear and a Superman cape.

It is strong enough, however, if tied to a paint can
can spread paint on all four walls of a 20x20 ft.room.
==============

More ADHD humour

------------------
There are three kids that have ADHD.

They see that the lightbulb is burned out.

One turns to the others and says:" Hey, wanna go ride our bikes?"
-------------------
I Don't have ADD I just don't care
-------------------
They say I have ADHD but I don't understand... oh look a butterfly
-------------------
Man I love my ADHD , it always reminds me of how much I don't remember
-------------------
variation on a theme
Q: How many ADHD children does it take to change a light bulb?

A: Let's go ride bikes!
-------------------
I can relate. Now, what was I doing?
-------------------
I a friend of mine with ADHD is looking to buy a used car. He's looking for a little Focus.


Well Ithought it was funny... oh look a butterfly...

BennyX... Another butterfly





*it has to be an XY unit

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home